Teaching & Talks
Develop your horticultural skills and knowledge
Teaching & Talks
Workshops and Courses
This year's workshops at The Universtiy of Bristol Botanic Garden
|Introduction to plant propagation||10am - 4pm||Saturday 5th May 2018||Full Details & Booking|
|Encouraging pollinators all year round||9.30am - 1pm||Sunday 1st July 2018||Full Details & Booking|
Last year's courses:
|Basic Botany for Gardeners||Details|
|Love your mini beasts! (5-11 years)||Details|
|Introduction to plant propagation||Details|
Illustrated talks to clubs and societies on interesting horticultural topics. Including:
- Botanical Latin demystified - why we use it and how it helps
- Pruning - an insight into the general principles, to get the most from our shrubs
- Propagation - an overview of basic methods and which to use when
- Attracting pollinators to your garden - the best plants to grow
- The 12 Plants of Christmas - a festive look at our favourite Christmas plants
|Pruning||7.30pm, Wednesday 21st March 2018||Sea Mills Garden Club, Sea Mills Methodist Church, 140 Shirehampton Road, BS9 2DY.|
|Pruning||7.30pm, Thursday 16th August 2018||Wrington Garden Club, Wrington Memorial Hall Silver Street, Wrington BS40 5QL|
|The 12 Plants of Christmas||7.30pm, Wednesday 12th December 2018||Compton Martin Gardening Club, Compton Martin Village Hall, BS40 6JN|
|Botanical Latin Demystified||7.30pm, Thursday 2nd January 2019||Congresbury Gardening Club, Methodist Hall, High Street, Congresbury BS49 5JA|
|Pruning||7.30pm, Wednesday 30th January 2019||Severnside Cottage Garden Society, Whitminster Village Hall, School Lane, Whitminster GL2 7NT|
|Subject to be confirmed||7.30pm, Wednesday 13 November 2019||Kilmersdon Gardeners, Kilmersdon Village Hall, High St, Kilmersdon, BA3 5TD|
|The 12 Plants of Christmas||2.00pm, Wednesday 18th December 2019||Backwell Garden Club, WI Hall, Station Rd, Backwell BS48 3NW|
|Botanical Latin Demystified - why we use it and how it helps||Backwell Garden Club, WI Hall, Station Rd, Backwell|
Bespoke Training Sessions
- Improve your horticultural skills; pruning, propagation techniques etc.
- For individuals, societies, groups of friends, or professional gardeners.
- A lively mix of theory and practical demonstration giving an insight into various aspects of gardening.
- Perfect as a gift for budding gardeners.
Please feel free to contact me for bookings or further information.